Applesauce and homemade granola- the best little combo you probably never had!
Whether using homemade or store-bought applesauce, this little treat will be sure to surpise you. The granola is simple to make and toasts in the oven very quickly.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts, and pecans all work great)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs wheat germ (optional)
- 1/2 tbs flax seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes. You want to toast the mixture, but not burn it. Mix once while baking if needed.
- Leave out the wheat germ to make this gluten free (and use gluten free oatmeal).
- If preferred, leave out the brown sugar and nuts until after the oatmeal/wheat germ mixture is toasted.
- Serving suggestion: serve over applesauce (the kind with no added sugars!).
See my post on homemade applesauce!