Hey, this is Veggie Girl reporting live from Atlanta, where we have some of the best peaches around! They don’t call this the Peach State for nothing! So what better ingredient to add to a salad than some of those sweet peaches themselves!
Come on ya’ll! Ha, just kidding, I don’t say that Y word… More like “come on, you guys!” I’m a Massachusetts girl, but either way I love peaches..so let’s get to the good stuff…
Honey-glazed peaches are the perfect accompaniment to arugula. Arugula has peppery kick to it- it is in the same family of watercress and mustard. If the arugula is too much for you, mix in some spring mix or baby spinach leaves.
To make this a protein vegetabowl, pair with a cooked salmon fillet or top with strips of smoked salmon.
Topped with homemade Creamy Balsamic dressing, your taste buds are in for a treat!
See recipe for Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Fresh Peaches
- Goat Cheese or any other soft/crumbly cheese
- 3 tbs olive Oil
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by slicing a fresh peach, place on a parchament-lined baking sheet and drizzle with honey. Cook on 375 for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add arugula. Top with nuts and cheese.
- Using a small blender, blend together all the ingredients for the dressing. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- When peaches are finished cooking, allow to cool slightly, then top them on the salad. Add creamy balsamic dressing.
- Pair with salmon fillet (grilled, poached, or baked) or pair with smoked salmon.