For all the buffalo sauce lovers out there, this one is dedicated to you.
Buffalo chicken bowl: spicy, tangy sauces, sweet yellow corn, crunchy veggies, and tender warm chicken make this a great vegetabowl.
Top with Lightened Blue Cheese Dressing for taste without the all the fat, calories and hydrogenated oils that come with a traditional store-bought dressing. Adding the lightened blue cheese dressing allow your body to absorb the fat soluble vitamins A,D,E, and K.
For the Lightened Blue Cheese dressing recipe, click here.
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Corn- off the cobb or frozen sweet corn
- Black Olives
- Black Beans
- Chicken Breasts
- Buffalo Sauce
- 1 container of Greek yogurt (approximately 5oz)
- 3 tbs crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 heaping tbs of chopped green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, celery, cilantro, and black olives. Place in your serving bowl(s).
- Sauté enough corn for each serving. Approx 1/4c per serving.
- Add approximately 1/4 cup each of black beans and corn to each bowl.
- On the stove top, cook chicken. Pour on the buffalo sauce while cooking. Cook chicken until done- flipping to make sure each side cooks through. Slice chicken once done cooking and drizzle with additional buffalo sauce- allow to quickly sear on skillet.
- Top salad with chicken.
- Put all ingredients into a small blender, blend until until smooth. For a chunkier dressing, mix in some of the blue cheese after the blending;
- Drizzle Buffalo Bowl with Liqhtened Blue Cheese dressing.
- Add additional vegetables as desired: red pepper, carrots, cucumbers, jalapenos.