Also known as creamy dreamy cilantro avocado sauce 🙂
Don’t let my bad photography skills fool you. THIS SAUCE IS AMAZING!
I was recently out to eat at a restaurant and they served the most amazing cilantro sauce. We literally dipped our tortilla chips in it. I think I could have drank it if it has been an appropriate thing to do.
I asked the waitress what this wonderful concoction was and she said it was a mix of buttermilk, white wine, cilantro, garlic, salt, avocado, and lime juice.
I never have buttermilk on hand, and didn’t want to buy any when I happened to have Greek yogurt sitting in my fridge. Soooo…I got out my blender, and you can guess what happened next. And you can probably guess what sauce I have been using the past few days- on almost everything!
- 1 Avocado- skin and seed removed.
- Juice of one fresh Lime
- 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 1/2 of a small (5.3ounce size) container of plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 glove garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Water, as needed to thin sauce- approximately 1/2 cup.
- Cut off the bottom stems of the cilantro- use the whole top section.
- In a small blender or food processor add cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, white wine vinegar, avocado.
- Slowly add water as needed and continue to blend in until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This tastes great right away, but I think it tastes even better the next day after the flavors marinate.
It also tastes great on the Thai Basil Bowl in conjunction with the spicy peanut vinaigrette.