This soup has a wonderful flavor. You can add wild rice and/or chicken to make it more hearty.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
A creamy soup.
Write a review
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (I use baby shitake mushrooms)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tbs dry thyme (fresh is good too if you have it)
- black pepper to taste
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth
- Olive oil for sautéing
- In a large pot, sauté the onions with olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic. Sauté until onions are slightly brown. Add in mushrooms, continue to sauté until mushroom begin to become soft, stirring constantly to keep the onions and garlic from burning. Add in chicken broth and allow to simmer, add in vinegar. Remove from heat. Add in thyme, pepper, sour cream and mix well. Taste. You can add salt, pepper, or more thyme as needed. If you prefer your soup heavier, add in more sour cream. Adjust liquid by adding or leaving out some of the chicken broth.
- Vegetarians, you know the deal- use veggie broth in place of chicken broth.
- Add in cooked chicken or wild rice to make this soup into a hearty meal.
Eat your vegetabowls http://eatyourvegetabowls.com/