Fish Taco bowls….Yum!
Mmmm! I love fish and tacos….which is probably why I always order fish tacos when I am out for Mexican food.
Here is my delicious Vegetabowl version of fish tacos. These fish taco bowls are set to please! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
And like all my recipes, you can “mix and match” your veggies- add some in, maybe leave some out….Well, on second thought, don’t leave out any of the vegetables in this recipe! But feel free to add in some!
Here are the basic ingredients:
- Green and purple cabbage (chop yourself or buy the pre-bagged)
- Cilantro mi amigo
- Corn- sautéed or grilled
- White fish: I prefer Cod or Haddock, but you can use Tilapia as well.
- Add ins: red pepper, cucumber, avocado, jicama, tomatoes, green onion, cumin, lime.
For the amazing sauce click here: Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 of a 5 ounce containter of plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- A whole bunch of cilantro- and when I say a whole bunch- I mean the whole bunch that you buy when you pick it up at the super market. I just cut above the twist tie and use that whole top section.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 small splash of white wine or white wine vinegar (optional)
- water, as needed to thin it out.
- Salt and pepper to taste
And there you go. A tasty, crunchy salad in no time!
Mix it up, and there you go….
- Equal parts red and green cabbage
- A generous handful of cilantro
- Corn- roasted, grilled, or sautéed
- Green Onion
- White fish
- Any other salad editions- red pepper, shredded carrots, avocado
- Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- Bake fish, or cook in a skillet on the stovetop. Cook/bake fish until done. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
- Slice avocado, chop green onion, chop cilantro, and cut up any other vegetables you wish to use.
- Shred cabbage.
- Sauté corn in skillet or fry pan (or try it roasted or grilled)
- Fill your bowl at least half way with cabbage/veggies. Add in cilantro (I like a lot of cilantro!).
- Add corn (1/2c per bowl is good).
- Top with sliced avocado and a cooked fish fillet.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over the bowl.
- For a yummy dressing, pour on creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce.
- And lastly, be prepared for yumminess!
- No measurements needed! Adjust this recipe as needed for the amount of people you are making it for.