Italian squash casserole is a versatile recipe- fancy enough for an adult dinner party, yummy enough for a potluck.
This Italian squash casserole is easy to make. The white wine adds a sophisticated taste, making this the perfect side dish for any dinner party.
Here is everything in the casserole dish, ready for the oven!
- 2-3 Zucchinis
- 2-3 Summer Squash
- 1 cup White Onion- roughly chopped
- 1/4 c White Wine
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes- drained
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning- (no salt added)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional- fresh Mozzerella to top the casserole
- Casserole dish
- Mixing bowl
- In a large bowl add sliced zucchini and yellow summer squash, tomatoes, chopped onion, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Pour everything into a casserole dish.
- Cook until tender, approx. 45 minutes. Check casserole half way through cooking time and stir.
- Optional: the last 10-15 minutes of cooking, top with fresh mozzarella slices.
- Adjust recipe for number of guests you will be serving.
- Number of squash/zucchini you use will depend on sizes of the squash/zucchini.
- For a juicier dish, don't drain tomatoes.