Say goodbye to boring lunches with this Thai Basil Bowl with Shrimp. It’s loaded with veggies and garnished with basil and peanuts.
So freaking delish! And it looks so fancy…but shhh- it’s really easy to whip up!
Keep it healthy: make this mostly vegetables, then protein, and lastly carbs.
- Mung bean sprouts
- Red pepper
- Fresh slice of lime
- Asian Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- Garnish: Peanuts, Lime.
- In a skillet, cook the shrimp until pink, add paprika. Drain any liquid.
- In a pot, cook the rice noodles until soft. Drain. Allow to cool.
- Julienne the red pepper and cucumber.
- Using a carrot peeler, peel thin slices of carrots.
- Using the Vegetabowl method (AKA fill at least half the bowl with veggies!), add spinach, basil, sprouts, and the rest of the vegetables.
- Add rice noodles and shrimp.
- Drizzle Asian Peanut Vinaigrette.
- Garnish with peanuts, and a lime.
- For a quick and easy dressing try Trader Joe's Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette. It is delicious and a time saver for when you don't have time to whip up homemade peanut sauce- AND the best part- it's not laden with calories and fat.