Your complexion is a reflection. A reflection of what, you may ask? Well, it depends…Do you value good health? Then you probably want your skin to look healthy. Is it your desire to feel youthful? Then you want your skin to reflect that. Do you just want to look good? Then you are going to care a lot about the appearance of your skin. When you look the way you feel, you are going to have increased confidence, and others are going to see you the way you want them to see you! Your skin should be a reflection of YOU and the way you feel about yourself!
As a dietitian, I value good nutrition and health. I work out to stay in shape and eat healthy most days of the week. I not only have a great interest in a healthy lifestyle, but I want to look the part. I want people to see me and see that I am a role model for healthy eating. If I went to see a client, and I was looking unkempt and was eating potato chips and candy bars- my worth, and word, as a competent dietitian would ultimately be de-valued and questioned.
We were born in the skin were in- we didn’t choose it, and many times we think we cannot change it. So how can our skin be a reflection of what we wish to project.
To put a positive spin on it- when it comes to complexion, there are actually more things in our control than there are out of our control.
Genetics is the one main factor we cannot control. Whether you were born with perfect porcelain skin or craters the size of Godzilla- we did not have a choice in it.
But thankfully, there are many factors we can control (your inner control freak will love knowing this!) Let’s talk about some of those factors we can control:
- Sun and ultraviolet light exposure– want to age your skin faster than Mondays come around? Go to the tanning bed, lay out in the sun. Skin will become dry, wrinkled, and spotted with uneven skin tones and sun spots.
- Hydration– Not drinking enough fluids can lead to dehydration. When dehydration sets in skin quickly becomes dry and loses it’s elasticity- ultimately resulting in wrinkles and sagging.
- Sleep– did you know getting enough zzz’s allows your skin to regenerate and repair itself? Lack of sleep also will cause dark circles and bags under your eyes.
- Diet– Our bodies need good nutrition to thrive. What we eat, or don’t eat, not only affects our weight and health status, it ultimately also affects our skin. Eating a healthy diet helps fight off and block free radical damage, helps regenerate skin cells, heal wounds, and hydrate cells.
What are the best nutrients for skin:
- Vitamin C- found in oranges, strawberries, watercress, and red peppers.
- Zinc- Sources inlcude oysters, lobster and crab, red meat, poultry, dairy, nuts, and beans.
- Selenium- found in brazil nuts, oysters, sunflower seeds, halibut, tilapia.
- Omega 3- found in salmon, watercress, walnuts, chia seeds, and flaxseed oil.
- Beta-Carotene- Supplied by carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, and broccoli.
- Vitamin E- found in sunflower seeds, almonds, spinach, and wheat germ.
5. Lastly, what we put on our skin can make a huge difference in the appearance of our complexion. Night creams, daily SPF, peptides, and hyaluronic acid can help our skin stay hydrated and healthy. However, just important is the quality of these products. I have tried many products and would love to share with you my skin-success story…
If your skin is not a reflection of how you feel on the inside….
I was not born with perfect skin- and have often felt like I didn’t look the way I felt because of it. Since my teenage years I have tried many creams, prescriptions, lotions, nutritional supplements, essential oils, food sensitivity testing, and even took part in a skin-laser study. Somethings helped more than others, but I was never totally satisfied with my skin and the results these methods provided. I did not feel like my skin was an outward appearance of how I felt on the inside.
Recently, I looked into Rodan & Fields and decided to give it a try. Why not, I have tried everything else! I am so thankful I did!! In less than 2 months, I found the answers to my skin problems- and feel like my heart’s desires are shining through, physically, for all to see on the outside in the appearance of my complexion! I am now hooked! Please take a look at my before and after photos so you can see the difference less than 2 months made!
If you are not happy with your skin…. if you could use a boost of confidence…if you are curious what Rodan & Fields can do for you, then I would love to help you and share my “complexion reflection” experience with you.
Whether skin spots, wrinkles, expression lines, crows feet, dullness, blemishes, or dryness- there is an answer with Rodan & Fields! They even have a safe and effective product to boost your lashes!
Please email or send me a message on Facebook. I would love to help help you get started on the journey!